And Duolingo gives me a chance to brag about it EVERY SINGLE DAY! (Well, every day I study, which is the same thing.)
Also, if I haven’t mentioned this since switching from other languages to Japanese: Japanese is difficult for me! My reaction when the program shows me an exercise is:
- Oh, no! I have no idea what this says!
- Oh, wait, I know that word.
- Okay, I also know that phrase.
- Well, maybe I do know what it says.
- [complete answer]
- [receive happy success chime]
- [repeat with the same lack of confidence, again and again]
I’m still struggling so much over the little connectors, like [o], [ni], and [te/de]. I still fail to see the pattern of when they are appropriate, but… hopefully I’ll get there.